Thursday, March 17, 2011

Update.

So it's been over a month since I've updated my blog. I'm doing extremely well, had a bit of some stress but I can't complain to much. Not sure what I posted last time ( I swear forgetting things is part of the pregnancy, well I'm blaming it on that at least! ;) ) I failed my 1 hour sugar level test...so I had to go in for my 3 hour...It was TRIPLE what it was supposed to be while fasting. That means they could of easily put me on shots. So I have been monitoring myself, for the last month and my blood sugars have been fantastic! 87-90 while fasting and 120 an hour after eating. The doctors have on explanation for what happened during those test. I haven't changed my eating habits all that much. I do watch what I eat...but I haven't taken out anything since I found out. Plus I don't go around drinking pure sugar water either...like the stuff they give you at the doctors office.

I also came down with walking Pneumonia, and a massive sinus infection. It took me down for about a little over two weeks. But the baby had no issues what so ever! Which I am truly grateful for!  I'm doing well, I'm tired, and so, so ready for this baby, but I will not complain! I've been blessed by the Lord with hardly any complications like I did with my son.

Last few weeks, I found out my papa had cancer (papa=grandpa) This man I look up to as one of the greatest men who ever has lived. It hit me kind of hard, but I had a feeling that everything would be okay, that I didn't need to stress, and I didn't need to worry. :) He went through surgery today and is doing well. :) I can't tell you how much the power of prayer has helped me in my life. They did find the cancer early enough that the outcome looks good. Hopefully by the time he recovers our baby Gracie will be with us, before they have to travel back home.

My adopted grandma also passed. She too had cancer but had turned 90 two months before she died. This hit me hard too. I knew she wasn't doing the greatest but it's one of those things that you don't want to happen or you put it in the back of your mind because you don't want to think about it. I just wish I would of gotten to know her sooner, and had more time to spend with her.  But I do know she is in heaven and is in a much better place now.

On a happier note we want to try and have Gracie on April 9th....I know people say wait until she comes and don't push things....but I will have to be going into another c-section. If I wait until she is ready I fear I will be put into a situation like I was last time where it ended up a stressed mess... I have been having a lot of contractions lately and for the health of myself and the baby a stress free delivery would be wonderful! My son was also a little over a week early....My true due date is the 22 of April, so if we waited until the 18th....I'm afraid she would already be here...and I'd be rushed into a emergency c-section....not sure I could handle it... :( But it's something my doctor and I are really talking about. I'll keep you updated.

I am truly blessed. Truly....Life isn't perfect, but to me it's almost there. I'm so grateful for what I have, and the love and support of so many people. This will become a new chapter in my life! :)

1 comment: