Thursday, January 13, 2011

So Thankful

This doesn't really have to do with my pregnancy. But it does have to do with my family. Especially my parents. As I went to this concert tonight I realized how high my standards are and how grateful I am for them. It was at The Buffalo Club. The concert was great....It was the people who we were surrounded by. I am not a drinker, nor am I a smoker. Don't get me wrong it is your choice to drink and smoke....that is your personal choice, and I'm not judging you what so ever! But it's just not for me! My parents didn't force us into doing anything nor have the judged us for our "finding" who we are, or the mistakes we've made. But they did tell us how important we are and how we need to be true to ourselves.

My husband and I did leave early because it's just not who we are, and we got really uncomfortable. I'd rather watch a movie with my husband and my little boy any day! It bothers me how many people go out and drink just to get drunk to have a "good time!" It always amazes me how many people say that they hate what their life is all about, how they hate where they are in life, who the people they hang out with, and how often they get ditched for other people. But these are the ones who are always out drinking their lives away wondering when things are going to change for them. Can't you find something better to do!?  I can't tell you how many people were drunk, how many people were using the F word every other word, how many girls were dirty dancing against your back with boobs and body parts touching you, and they didn't even care...What makes one want to live like that!?  You should know you are worth more than that!

I also wonder how many people are going to drive home tonight drunk or buzzed? Or how many people are going to wake up being hung over, having to go to work. I do get that I'm the one who went to the bar, knowing farewell what happens there....and yes I should of known how many people were going to be drinking. What I didn't know is how rude people were going to be, and how out of control people get, with one to many drinks. I don't drink for many reason, one is because of my beliefs, second is I've been through a lot these last two years, and any thing that could kill a healthy person would put me out with in one try. Also I just choose not to, it's not the life I want to live. But please don't get me wrong there are so many wonderful people who drink, and I have a lot of those people in my life, that I love and wouldn't give them up for the world, but it's just not for me. And I wish those people who go out to drink just to get drunk get help, because that truly is not the way to live. Anyways it was just an eye opener to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment